Why aren’t you different you ask? As a kid someone asked you what you wanted to be when you grow up and you had an answer. As time went on, that started to change based on life experiences but generally the goal was to be great or so I want to believe. Some went on to accomplish those goals and others just settled.
I want to talk to those who settled. You know the ones that keep wondering why things aren’t happening for them. The ones that tend to feel inferior in the midst of people they consider successful. The ones that have 1001 excuses for why they are unable to make things happen. Yea those ones that took the easy way out (PUNKS). Well park your excuses. You decided to give up on your dreams because it got too hard? Guess what, everyone faces challenges. Some challenges you will never hear of because they just want to move forward and not relive those memories. Some of the most successful people in life have lived very difficult lives and it wasn’t until they made it anyone cared to know their struggles. At some point, they woke up not knowing if they were going to find food to eat but they knew better than to go back to bed because of that uncertainty.
Here’s what I want you to understand:
1. You’re not different you’re only giving up and no one likes a quitter. Always keep it moving.
2. You want the world to hear your story? Go ahead and accomplish something great. The reasons you couldn’t make it only matter WHEN you make it.
3. That inferiority complex you feel to those who chose to take the road less travelled, PARK IT. Your lack of confidence and your resentment is cute but cute never paid the bills, hard/smart work does so like I said, PARK IT.
4. You get to write a new story for yourself everyday but somehow you keep revisiting the past. My darling, self pity is disgusting. GET OVER IT.
5. Everything you need to be successful has been given to you by the one who created you. So again I say, you’re not different.
Stop with the excuses, stop with the self pity and stop settling. Life truly is what you make it and unless you are consistently making an effort to make it better and finding ways to develop yourself, I really don’t want to hear your sob story. So get up and take a chance today. As my parents always said growing up, the people who are doing better than you don’t have two heads so therefore, you are not different. Have a great week Goal Diggers and make it count.