New Year!

Now that the holiday season is over, it’s back to business as usual. It’s a new year so out with the old and in with the new. I’m not going to lie. I had a rough NYE and as I sat in church ushering in the new year a million and one things ran through my mind. I spent much of New Year’s Day reflecting and I realized that sometimes a new year can be scary.

New year means we’re getting older, it means We have goals with a 2017 deadline to accomplish, relationships to build and maintain and life to live. The uncertainty of it all is scary. I don’t believe in resolutions because the idea that you need a new year to better yourself never quite settled with me what I do know is that many started 2016 with us and didn’t make it through, so let’s be GRATEFUL.

My prayer for all of you is you start strong, you finish strong. Through all the challenges we face this year, we approach them with the end in mind and keep it moving. We take time to hit reset when needed. Remember to ask for help and give help. Walk tall, be confident and know that 2017 will be victorious.

I’m hoping I can get an AMEN on this one :). Have a great first week of the year and let’s make count.

XO-OMM

Advertisements

12 Comments Add yours

1. CYNTHIA says:

Amen,I dont believe in waiting for the start of a newyer to make resolutions either.

Liked by 1 person

2. funmiafo says:

Amen to starting and finishing strong.
    little short term goals here and there,and periodic reflections works best for me.

Liked by 1 person

3. tolaomooba says:

Amen to that Sister!
    I think people generally make these resolutions during New Years because it’s easy for the mind to conceive. Unless you understand that the concept of growth isn’t just tied to time but also towards a purpose, it’s easy to continue to wait or look for some point of reference to begin pursuing a goal.

4. Ayo D says:

Amen! Yes to being grateful. Everyday is a blessing and we should never take it for granted. Cheers to 2017!

5. Ayo D says:

Amen! Cheers to 2017! May it be a great year for is all.

6. Bukky says:

Amen! I completely agree. I’ve never bought unto the whole New Year, New me mentality. It takes a conscious effort to make changes, however it is a good time to look back and see what you’ve accomplished and also what you didn’t. Use that as added motivation for the New Year. Great post!

7. AY says:

I had that same realization a day before the NYE that’s why i decided that my only resolution this year is to draw closer to GOD AND EVERYTHING WILL FALL IN PLACE. Appreciate every moment God has blessed us with; the good, bad and horrible and if we are still standing after each experience , let’s honor that privilege because some are not here to do so. Happy New Year!!!

8. Kech says:

Amen!!

I agree with the new year resolution point, but I also think it gives people another chance to say ‘ok now is my time.’ It’s like getting a blank slate over again. You can have your goals at any time of the year, but there’s a fresh feeling that comes with the new year that makes it different I think.

9. Yinka says:

Amen! Have a great 2017!

10. Momi says:

Amen!!! You’re right, the new year is a time of reflection but as you stated everyday is a day to make yourself better… cheers to 2017

11. Anonymous says:

Aminnnn ni oruko Jesu.

Me I have resolutions sha, mostly geared towards being a better me.

Another Amen to starting and finishing strong.